"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, September 16, 2007

Come follow the remodeling effort
Posted by Jill | 5:41 PM
Thursday night I put up the last set of cabinet doors that have to match. When I started this whole kitchen cabinet refacing thing a year ago (as you can see, it's not as if I've devoted every spare minute to it), I never dreamt that putting the new doors on would be the toughest part. Now I have three more doors -- one single door and a pair for a cabinet that has a center stile, so there's none of this trying to get the cabinet brackets screwed in just a smidge tighter so there's no overlap between the doors. I'll put up photos when it's done, as well as the before photos (because I opened a Photobucket account today and already have a Flickr account).

Now I'm just in the paralysis mode of trying to figure out how I'm going to manage the tasks of having the wall oven cabinet and the cooktop cabinet taken out, having a new circuit run for a range, terminating the wall oven circuit, getting a new floor installed, buying a range and having IT installed, and then getting a new countertop. Because the top cabinets look so awesome, I'm starting to think about the "g" word (granite) instead of laminate. For 28 square feet of counter space (less without the cooktop), it might be worth the additional money. As I see it, this probably involves an electrician to do the electrical work, a handyman to take out the cabinets, my fabulous flooring guy who saved our bacon when the basement got flooded last spring, whoever we buy the range from, and the countertops.

But the kitchen isn't the only thing I'm working on, I'm actively working on the new template. Sue me; I'm an Arts and Crafts movement junkie, so it's going to have that kind of William Morris/Greene & Greene/Stickley thing going. I just can't help myself. Right now I'm playing with a three-column layout with both columns to the right. Not sure if it's what we'll stick with, but you can follow the fun and games as I tweak a template to look like B@B here.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share