"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another one from the "Blame the Boomers" file
Posted by Jill | 1:45 PM
In a column excoriating George W. Bush's fiscal policy, Andrew Sullivan remembers that he's supposed to be a wingnut and finds another scapegoat:

Be afraid of what this man has done to our long-term fiscal health. Be afraid of the massive tax hikes he has made inevitable. USA Today tells the truth:

[snip]

I also noticed in my latest letter from the Social Security Administration that, as currently configured, I'll get 76 percent of what I'm due if and when I retire. My bet is that it will turn out to be less than half. The boomers are going to hog all of it for themselves.


Oops. Andy's birth date is August 10, 1963. Guess what that makes him. (Hint: The baby boom years are usually categorized as 1946 to 1964.)

(via Kevin Drum)

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share