"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, April 01, 2007

Is this indicative of the intelligence level of people who watch Katie Couric?
Posted by Jill | 7:36 PM
I'm listening to 60 Minutes on Newsradio 880 in New York, and they just ran a promo for a story on quitting smoking to run on the CBS Evening News tomorrow night. I am not joking: the announcer introduced the story thusly: "Find out why quitting smoking may be harder for some more than others."

You hear this, and you think about the crawls that run at the bottom of cable news, and you know why George W. Bush's inability to speak coherently doesn't bother people: Because few people in this freaking country even know how to speak their own language.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share