"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, March 10, 2007

Marc Maron watch for Saturday, March 10
Posted by Jill | 3:06 PM
I know this sounds weird and stalkerish, and I know that most of you really don't give a shit about Marc Maron or don't even know who he is, or know who he is and think he's just that really annoying Jewish comic that used to be on Air America in the morning and if you are in New York you actually think that Sam Greenfield and Armstrong Williams are an improvement, which makes me wonder why you're even reading this blog.

But I'm here at home, Mr. Brilliant is out flat with a really bad cold that I am now fighting off (I'm in the eyes burning/crushing fatigue stage), waiting for a handyman who hasn't shown up yet to give me an estimate for taking out this oven wall cabinet. But I have another handyman ready at a moment's notice to yank out this oven wall cabinet, but I know the work of the guy I'm waiting for, but he's kind of farchadat because his mother just died, and I'm kind of like a high school girl with two prom dates that doesn't know if the one she really likes is going to come through. Then one of these days I have to get myself back over to the fancy-ass appliance store I'm going to buy a range from because they'll cut my solid pine 1950's vintage base cabinet to make room for it, and deal with the electrician, and then look for flooring, and the whole thing is making me think maybe I'll just live with what I have.

Naah.

At any rate, I don't much feel like ranting about the Problems of the World today, because the temperature is actually mild today, it's Bix Beiderbecke's 104th birthday, and the 24-hour WKCR Bix Beiderbecke Birthday Broadcast is on, and that's the biggest benchmark that spring is on the way.

But for those twelve of you who are still waiting for the Lords of Radio to atone for The Sins of Danny Goldberg, and who think that instead of "a rotating cast of young comedic talent", HBO should just call the upcoming show to run opposite the Sabbath Gasbags, Marc Maron Explains It All For You, this little tidbit might be of interest:

Maron has so far hosted two shows on Air America radio, both in the morning and the evening, and there’s a rumor going around that he may be in talks for a third. “I don’t know if that’s going to happen yet,” Maron said. “They’re trying to get me to go back, but when you’ve been in a difficult relationship it’s hard to keep going back. We’ll see what happens but I certainly miss doing that. I miss getting up in the morning and doing all kinds of funny stuff and breaking news and yelling…I miss doing the morning show. You guys used to get it [in Chicago], but I don’t remember what station. I’ve done two shows for them. I’ve done an evening show and a morning show and they want me to come back and I’m still talking to them about it.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share