"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, November 25, 2006

Fed up with cable?
Posted by Jill | 3:41 PM
I have two Dish Network gift cards that I'd be happy to send to the first two people who are fed up with their cable provider.

We've had Dish Network for six years, and for my money, they rock. No, you don't get "real" TiVO, so you can't set up their DVR boxes to record an entire season, but unlike most companies, they offer good customer service to their longtime customers. In addition to the channels you'd expect, Dish Network also has Worldlink, FSTV, and they've just added Reelz and the Documentary Channel (which is terrific).

Charlie Ergen, the CEO of Echostar, is a folk hero in the industry, and it's easy to understand why. He stood up to the Mighty Viacom and won. He yanked Lifetime off the system until its owner capitulated on the exorbitant pricing they wanted for their crap programming. I like Echostar so much I bought stock in the company for my IRA.

These gift cards provide:

- Free activation
- a $49.99 credit on your first bill (with an 18 month commitment)
- a free optional DVR receiver upgrade
- packages starting as low as $19.99/month.

If you're interested, e-mail me at the address shown in the right-hand sidebar, and either send you the cards, or give you the card and promotion codes.
Bookmark and Share