"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, August 19, 2006

Now THIS I've got to see
Posted by Jill | 10:43 PM
Either this is going to be the best campaign ad in the world, or else it's going to be a train wreck.

Dweeb-Boy Paul Aronsohn, the ex-Pfizer PR flack, the guy who replaced Monica Lewinsky in the Clinton Administration, and the apologist for Golan Cipel's appointment to a Homeland Security post in the disastrous governorship of Jim McGreevey, is, alas, the Democratic nominee for the 5th Congressional District of New Jersey.

It's no secret that I worked for the primary campaign of Aronsohn's opponent. I have tried mightily to come up with a reason to vote for this guy other than "Any Democrat is better than Scott Garrett" -- and thus far I've been unsuccessful. My experience with Aronsohn is his absolute refusal to give a straight answer to a question. When I confronted him via e-mail about how he reconciles net neutrality with telecom lobbyist Mike McCurry being a fundraiser for him, he accused me of besmirching the name of his "good friend." When, at a recent Bergen Grassroots meeting at which Aronsohn deigned to answer questions for twenty whole minutes, I asked him what assurance, given that he has accepted campaign donations from Pfizer, that he would represent his constituents' interest in regard to health care rather than the pharma and insurance industries. Again, his answer was all about "pointing fingers of blame." Since this is what Aronsohn is about, I have ZERO faith that he can be relied on to hold this Administration to account, and so I see no reason to vote for him -- especially when I vowed that I would never again vote for a Democrat without a backbone.

So against that backdrop comes a move on the part of Aronsohn's so far pathetic campaign that is either absolute fucking genius -- or the biggest mistake he's going to make.

He's going to be on The Colbert Report, in the Better Know a District segment.

Apparently the representative for this district, Christofascist Zombie Scott Garrett, refused to be on the show. So Mr. I Will Not Answer A Question is going to be on instead.

I can't wait.
Bookmark and Share