"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, August 05, 2006

He really IS utterly shameless, isn't he?
Posted by Jill | 1:15 PM
There's been much speculation that Joementum's sucking up to Captain Codpiece is because he was angling for the Secretary of Defense spot.

Now, with his re-nomination hopes fading and party luminaries telling him to give it up if he loses on Tuesday, he's tired of waiting for Rumsfeld to sneeze and taking his fate into his own hands:

Nine minutes into the interview, Schultz turned the interview to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, asking "Do you think Don Rumsfeld should resign or stay on the job?"

Lieberman responded, "I understand you are asking that after Hilary Clinton's statement yesterday..."

Cutting in, Schultz told Lieberman that "there's also been seven Generals that [believe] he should leave, too."

Lieberman continued, "I understand their calls...Two and one half years ago... I was asked and I will give you the same answer I gave then.

"Rumsfeld serves at the pleasure of the President. But, I can tell you this, if I were President, I would say "Thank you, but we need some new leadership at the Pentagon."

Schultz then asked, "So you think Rumsfeld should go?" After an extended response from Lieberman, Schultz said he was assuming Lieberman's answer to the question was "yes."

"I have to take that as a "yes;" I think our audience would take it as a 'yes,'" he said.

Lieberman replied, "Yeah. Yeah Yeah. -- No. No, it is a 'yes.'"


Gee. I wonder who Holy Joe thinks that new leadership should be?
Bookmark and Share