"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, July 20, 2006

Oh, dear Lord, I wish I could take this Kitler
Posted by Jill | 8:33 PM
Meet Hermes:



Isn't he fabulous? I wish I could adopt him, because he looks a bit like my late Oliver....but I can't. So maybe one of you can?

Hermes is a Kitler currently housed at BARC Animal Shelter in Brooklyn, New York. Some volunteers there say:

I volunteer at BARC, where Hermes lives, and I know for a fact he's a pervert. He loves kittens and licks them clean. We give him kittens for company and he takes great care of them. He's a friendly, eccentric tub of a cat who really needs to move on from the shelter and be saluted in a home with other cats. Applicants to adopt him will be screened for fitness and purity at Kitler Boot Camp.


Hermes is the BARC Cat Loft's "biggest" attraction. He was a young street cat who elluded many rescuers before finally being trapped and brought to BARC. Originally on the second floor of the main building, Hermes became very ill and had to be quarantined. His eyes were so badly infected that we were sure he would be blind. Feisty and combative from the start, the many days and nights of intensive eye medications and treatments may have been what finally made him give in and allow us to handle him...carefully! When Hermes made the move to the Cat Loft, someone discovered that he was a natural at nurturing orphan kittens, especially the fearful feral ones, and that has been his role ever since. That and getting a good meal in now and then!


I too am a BARC volunteer and have grown to love Hermes. He's like a bowling ball with legs who also resembles Oliver Hardy. He waddles over when he's called and loves being petted and brushed. When he's had enough, he looks up at you with his paw raised in a Seig Heil-like salute (I kid you not!) and holds it that way until you back off. But I've never seen him being the least bit aggressive...he's 18 pounds of pure mush and Science Diet!


If Hermes isn't Hitlerish enough for you, check out THIS guy.
Bookmark and Share