"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, July 28, 2006

Another reason why we still miss Paul Wellstone
Posted by Jill | 11:03 AM
Ew:

A report in this morning's Roll Call shows that Norm Coleman, Sr., the father of Minnesota Republican Senator Norm Coleman, was arrested after he was caught having sex in public in St. Paul, Minnesota, RAW STORY has learned.

Coleman's father was arrested for lewd and disorderly conduct after he was found having sex outside a pizzeria with 38-year old Patrizia Marie Schrag. Norm Coleman, Sr., is 81-years old.

Senator Coleman released a statement declaring “I love my father dearly. I do not condone his actions or behavior, and I am deeply disturbed by what I have learned. He clearly has some issues that need to be dealt with, and I will encourage him to seek the necessary help.”

Coleman, Sr., was a constant presence during his son's 2002 Senate campaign, in which he ran neck and neck with Democrat Paul Wellstone until the incumbent died in a plane crash. A November 3, 2002 article in Minnesota's Star Tribune reported "Coleman's father, Norman Sr., travels with his son these days, campaigning. The mayor holds him up as a hero, a veteran of the Normandy invasion and the Battle of the Bulge. "He's the smartest man I know," Coleman said."


(Hat tip: Pam)
Bookmark and Share