"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Eight Random Facts About Me
Posted by Jill | 11:19 AM
Oh, dear Lord...at the risk of feeding the trolls, here goes:


1. I write "women's fiction" with flawed, angsty protagonists who tend to follow a "transgress/redemption" storyline -- pretty conventional stuff for an iconoclast.

2. For all that I'm opposed to it on principle, I have actually considered plastic surgery -- for about five minutes.

3. My dream house would be a fully restored, 1800-square-foot Craftsman bungalow full of Stickley furniture. Something like this. (But it's gotta have two bathrooms...)

4. I believe in reincarnation and have had experiences that can only be chalked up to past-life memories.

5. If I (God forbid) can't stay at my current job because of layoffs, my "dream second career" would be as a personal chef.

6. I march to my own drummer more than people think. Feminist bloggers dislike me because I can't see getting hot under the collar because John Aravosis called Sen. Pat Roberts a "Big girl". Mainstream Democrats dislike me because I refuse to support candidates from outside the district who are chosen by the party apparatchiks because they have cash. Maybe that's why I don't get a lot of traffic.

7. I fear death and often have the nagging thought, "What if the Christofascist Zombie Brigade is right?" Then I think about a model of reality that involves some great white alpha male who knocked up a virgin and had a son who was a god, whom he allowed to get nailed to a tree so that married men in the 21st century could be forgiven for theft, embezzlement, corruption, and pedophilia; and get off scott free -- and decide, "Naaah."

8. I REALLY, REALLY like Green Day.

OK, a couple of tags (I don't keep track of who got these before, so if you've done one of these, just ignore this).

ModFab
Spiiderweb
Fat Bastard
Jay
Lynn
Bookmark and Share