"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I live in New Jersey, and even I'm appalled
Posted by Jill | 5:33 AM

Tom DeLay has won his party's primary with a whopping 61% of the vote:

With nearly 88 percent of precincts reporting, Mr. Delay had 19,684, or 61 percent of the vote, far ahead of his closest opponent, Tom Campbell, at 9,595, or 30 percent.

"I have always placed my faith in the voters, and today's vote shows they have placed their full faith in me," Mr. DeLay said in proclaiming victory.

Mr. DeLay easily outpolled his three rivals together: Mr. Campbell, a lawyer making his first bid for public office; Pat Baig, a teacher also in her first run for office; and Mike Fjetland, a lawyer making his fourth try for the seat. Mr. Fjetland ran third with 1,514, votes, and and Baig had 1,075.


DeLay runs this November against Nick Lampson, whose district DeLay gerrymandered out from under him, and possibly former Rep. Steve Stockman, a Republican considering a run as an independent.

I always knew that corruption mattered not a whit in Texas, but this is just amazing.
Bookmark and Share