"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Why the light blogging?
Posted by Jill | 7:50 PM

I'm a strong believer in equal rights. One of the rights I believe in is the right of nonsmokers to take a break during the day the same way smokers do. Some people need a break to smoke, I take blog breaks.

There's just one problem, and that is a crackdown on non-work-related internet usage at my place of employment. This seems to be driven by bandwidth considerations, and my investigative interviews with the tech support staff indicates that there are people doing massive FTP downloads and such, compared to which my occasional 10-minute forays into Blogger are but specks of sand in the desert. Still, when I hear about potential examination of system logs, I get paranoid, and so I have had to abandon my blog breaks until I have a better handle on just how severe this crackdown is.

As it is, it's hard enough reading the local paper, skimming the New York Times online and getting a workout in before going to work, but I'll try to get at least one entry posted before work and another posted in the evening.
Bookmark and Share