"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, January 14, 2006

Poking around Blogtopia on a Rainy Saturday
Posted by Jill | 5:48 PM

What a day. It started at around 2 AM, when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I never get up in the middle of the night when this happens; usually I just start reaching my mind out to develop scenarios for the three novels I'm working on intermittently, and sooner or later I get back to sleep -- which I guess doesn't bode well for my novels.

But this morning I decided to come downstairs and see what was going on in Blogtopia at 3 o'clock in the morning, when I'm usually in dreamland. It was a productive half-hour, as my post on the sudden appearance of Jose Padilla's Al Qaeda job application (I can't stop laughing at that) made the Daou Report.

But today it rained like billy-be-damned here in NJ. I woke up with a splitting neck-tension headache, couldn't find a parking space to go see Match Point, was in a low-barometric-pressure funk all day, so after navigating my way through the glum suburban sufferers of post-Christmas letdown at the A&P, what else is there to do but see what pearls of wisdom other Blogtopians have come up with...and it's a bumper crop today.

Gen. J.C. Christian, patriot, has a review up at amazon.com of wingnut Kate O'Beirne's attack on a bunch of old feminists to whom no one has paid attention in years, most of whom are dead anyway. It looks like no one takes old Kate very seriously. J.C.'s review is the funniest, but they're all worth a look.

Steve Gilliard has a Driftglass-worthy rant about the Keyboard Kommandos of the right. In fact, it's so good that Driftglass himself links to it and has some thoughts of his own. These guys are so good they make me wonder why I bother.

Pharyngula reports on how now that Intelligent Design has been bitchslapped in Pennsylvania, it's time to repackage the same old turd in a new wrapping by giving it a different name.

Juan Cole has some worthwhile reading on the move to revive the Sunni Muslim caliphate.

And Lynn, frustrated by the fact that she gets most of her traffic from people looking for what the planets say about the Spawn of Brangelina (TMModFab), explains today's "Wolf Moon", which we won't see here in NJ, because it's been raining like billy-be-damned all day.
Bookmark and Share