"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Holiday Movies
Posted by Jill | 9:20 AM

As some of you already know, I've been doing movie reviews online for almost eight years. This year I've slacked off, partially because of this here blog and there being only so many hours in the day; and partially because the movies have sucked.

But now it's time for the annual holiday Oscar Grab, so I'm getting pumped to spend far too many hours in front of a glowing screen (as opposed to the hours I spend in front of a glowing screen anyway) watching actors pretending to be people living lives.

There are at least a half-dozen films I wouldn't mind catching this weekend; but it's a rare year that has the kind of holiday film that sets just the right tone for my own curmudgeonly attitude towards the holidays.

My must-see for Thanksgiving is The Ice Harvest -- a dark comedy starring my long-term personal cinematic god John Cusack opposite Oliver Platt and Billy Bob Thornton, all wrapped up and tied in a bow by director Harold Ramis. I am SO there.

What are YOUR holiday movie picks?
Bookmark and Share
1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with