"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, October 13, 2005

Things that make you want to crawl back into bed, pull the covers over your head, and never leave it
Posted by Jill | 7:03 AM

Tom Daschle is considering a Presidential run:

Tom Daschle, a former US senator who lost his seat last year, told AFP that he was undecided about whether to run as a candidate in 2008 presidential elections that will decide who will succeed George W. Bush.

"I haven't made any decision about my political future," he said during a visit to Paris when asked specifically about his plans regarding the presidency.

"My hope is to make as much of a contribution for my party over the next couple of years as I can," he said.

Daschle, who used to be the leader of the Democrats in the US senate before being narrowly beaten by a Republican in the November 2004 election in his home state of South Dakota, said he was making a week-long European trip taking in Britain, France and Germany in his capacity as a member of a US law firm trying to drum up business.

But his recent decision to form a new political committee from a fundraising body he used in his senatorial days has sparked speculation in the US media that he plans to run again for public office.

In his interview with AFP, Daschle, 58, ruled out taking a shot at the governorship of South Dakota, saying "I have little interest in state government, I have far greater interest in national government."


Yeah, Tom, you did such a great job as Senate Minority leader that you sold us out to the wingnuts at every opportunity, then lost your seat to an empty suit.

And this makes you a strong candidate.....how? Please enlighten me.

I'm going now to bang my head against a wall a few hundred times to ease the pain.
Bookmark and Share