"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Saturday, June 25, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me
Posted by Jill | 8:02 AM

Today is my half-century birthday, and I am officially unable to delude myself anymore that I'm still a kid. I'm now a card-carrying member of the old people's union, and since I've been a curmudgeon since the age of four, I've finally aged into my age. Mr. Brilliant and I are celebrating by going to see Marc Maron's stand-up show here in Joisey; where due to a dinner/show package, we should be seated pretty close to the front -- something achieved a few weeks ago during the Morning Sedition live broadcast at City Bakery for just the cost of a muffin, but what the heck.

If you're inspired to help me celebrate, I have a lovely assortment of inexpensive items on my Amazon wishlist. Or, you could just lift a glass of your imbibement of choice and wish me another 50 years. Which given that both my grandmothers lived into their 90's, both my parents are still alive, and I have an 84-year-old uncle on my father's side who's still playing the cello in concerts, isn't that implausible a wish.

Today is also George Orwell's birthday, which is somehow fitting. It's also my mom's, so you take another swig for her too.
Bookmark and Share