"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, May 09, 2005

Dear John Kerry: Scram!
Posted by Jill | 3:31 PM

Obviously inspired by the extraordinary success of the presidential run of Holy Joe Lieberman, John Kerry, who has designs on a repeat of his glorious 2004 campaign for the 2008 race, still thinks that groveling before ignorant wingnuts is the path to victory:

US Senator John F. Kerry said yesterday that he believes it's a mistake for the Massachusetts Democratic Party to include a plank in its official platform in support of same-sex marriage, saying that such a statement does not conform with the broad views of party members.

ADVERTISEMENT
Kerry, who opposes same-sex marriage but supports civil unions, said in an interview with the Globe that he would prefer that the party not mention gay marriage in its platform, because Democrats continue to disagree on how to handle the issue.

''I'm opposed to it being in a platform. I think it's a mistake," Kerry said shortly after hosting a forum on his universal children's healthcare bill in Baton Rouge. ''I think it's the wrong thing, and I'm not sure it reflects the broad view of the Democratic Party in our state."

Some analysts believe that the same-sex marriage issue contributed to Kerry's loss to President Bush in last year's presidential campaign. Kerry's position puts him at odds with the state Democratic Party chairman and his fellow Bay State senator, Edward M. Kennedy, who is scheduled to address the party convention next weekend.

Kerry said he does not plan to attend this year's state Democratic convention or to lobby against the same-sex marriage plank. He said he has not been closely monitoring debate over the state party platform.


Shorter John Kerry: "If I have to sell out the gays in order to get even one Christian Wingnut vote, it's worth it."

Well, Senator, you've just lost mine. You're a sellout and a fool, and I'd say that too many years in the Senate make Senators just cynical whores, except that your fellow Massachusetts Senator, Ted Kennedy, is standing up for the idea that all Americans are created equal. Which means that only YOU are a cynical whore. Don't send me your fundraising letters, don't bother me, don't expect me to work for you, don't expect me to vote for you. Capeche?
Bookmark and Share