"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Friday, April 01, 2005

Clueless
Posted by Jill | 1:03 PM
So the National Press Club is holding a symposium on journalism and blogging, which originally featured Wonkette and none other than Little Jeffie Gannonguckert representing the blog side of the fence. Now, Wonkette isn't my taste, but she's more of a humorist than a political blogger, and I would guess that if she's the best they could come up with in a world that includes Duncan Black, Markos Moulitsas, John Aravosis, Kevin Drum, the Corrente folks, Ezra Klein, and a host of others, the "cute girl" factor is more operative here than anything else. As for Jeffie Gannonguckert, he's neither a blogger NOR a journalist, so unless they've invited him to bring the hookers, I can't imagine, other than cluelessness, what the point of having him at this conference is.

Pressure has been put on the NPC to include John Aravosis, and this has resulted in Matt Yglesias being added to the conference, which is a start...but it's still not enough, since this conference is obviously going to focus on the whole Gannonguckert scandal. So another letter is going out shortly, and I've signed on.
Bookmark and Share