"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Advise and consent
Posted by Jill | 7:12 AM

George Voinovich understands the Senate's proper role where Administration nominees are concerned.

Yesterday, Voinovich, an Ohio Republican, broke ranks and suggested that the Senate Foreign Relations Committee delay a vote on the odious John Bolton as ambassador to the UN:

"I've heard enough today that I don't feel comfortable about voting for Mr. Bolton...I think one's interpersonal skills and their relationship with their fellow man is a very important ingredient in anyone that works for me. I call it the kitchen test. Do we feel comfortable about the kitchen test?"


All Voinovich is asking for is time to investigate some serious allegations about Bolton's behavior. I don't think that not wanting someone as UN ambassador who has proven to be unable to work well with others constitutes any sort of betrayal. But of course, we live in Bush World, where "advise and consent" means "Do what I say or else."
Bookmark and Share