"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, March 06, 2005

Support our plan or we'll kill this dog
Posted by Jill | 7:51 AM

Perhaps I've just seen too many movies over the years about mobsters, and watched too many episodes of The Sopranos, but it seems to me that the Republicans' attempts to cram the bankruptcy bill and Social Security piratization (sic) down our throats have a certain desperation about them. They don't care if there's public support for these "reforms" or not; there are promises to keep. In the case of dismantling Social Security, it's the investment companies (for all that they shrug their shoulders and say, "Who, me?"), and in the case of the bankruptcy bill, it's the credit card companies (with some overlap between the two).

The concept of what serves their constituents, which SHOULD be the American people, is completely outside of all discussion.

It almost seems as if this isn't just a case of "I promised the industry I'd do this in return for that fat campaign contribution"; it's more like "The industry will break my kneecaps if I don't deliver."

I wonder if perhaps industry bigwigs are threatening to spill the beans about official corruption if they don't get what they want? And THAT'S what's scaring the Republicans into delivering these plans to screw over the voters.
Bookmark and Share