"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Jazz Shaw Tells it Like It Is
Posted by Jill | 10:03 AM
Jazz gets in touch with his inner Vern and lays it out on the table:

Excuse me for spewing a bit of vitriol at the Democrats for a moment here, but I have to take issue with this. Now you're going to hold him accountable? When exactly are we going to be seeing BushCo held "accountable" for the MIA WMD's? For the mushroom cloud on the horizon? For the lack of any substantive connection between Saddam and bin Laden and 9/11? For more than 1,400 American dead who were lost proving those claims false and God only knows how many more "spreading freedom" across those desert sands? Is that on the back burner? Somewhere further down the agenda?

I know there are some of you saying, "But Jazz... there's nothing they can do! They are the minority... the GOP is calling all the shots." Excuse me, but... boo fucking hoo. This tyrant "won" the last election by a smaller margin than any incumbent in history. Truman beat Dewey by a bigger share. We lost that election by putting up a man who essentially beat himself. If you'd nominated my dog Kenya she'd probably have taken Ohio and Florida against this walking, misunderestimated disaster of a "president."

And it wasn't just the presidential race. The message was garbled and lost on a pack of frightened red state sheep who bought into Karl Rove's visions of darkness and Armageddon. Even giving Bush four more years, he could have been brought in check if the GOP had been forced to surrender the Senate. Hell, for that matter, just getting up to a tie would have done it since that would have given some cojones to Snowe, Chaffee, and some other moderate Republicans.


I really have nothing to add to this, other than I'm glad he said it, because these days I don't have time to.
Bookmark and Share