"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, December 27, 2004

The War On Easter Starts Now
Posted by Jill | 10:04 AM

Atrios is hosting this particular hayride and I thought I'd get there early so I can get a good seat and first pick of the canapés.

Some samples of Truly Tasteless Easter Humor from some of his commenters:

"Easter? Isn't that where Jesus was killed and then was buried and came out of his tomb and saw his shadow and we have six more weeks of winter?"

"They went to the cave where Jesus had been buried. The huge rock that had blocked the door of the cave was rolled away.

And Lo, the Lord saith,
'Fuck you morons! You guys were a lot of help when my ass was fucking nailed to the cross!
Kiss my ass and roll that rock back!'"

"I'm just waiting for O'Reilly to wonder why those damned PC types won't let us have Easter pogroms against the Christ-killers like we used to have every year, back when we were a moral society."

"Attention: Easter 2005 has been canceled - They found the body."

"I was discussing the anti-Semitic underpinnings of the "Protect Christmas" campaign with an observant Jewish friend of mine. The talk turned towards the Jewish emphasis on universal literacy and a different interpretation of Leviticus. His comments: 'We WROTE Leviticus, we should bloody well know it means!'"

And our friend Jazz Shaw of Running Scared once again reminds us:

Easter is actually a modernized spelling for the festival of Esther. She was a north European pagan goddess who held sway over the springtime rituals of regrowth and fertility. Her symbols were a rabbit and an egg. Tell me, do you remember any stories about a "St. Easter" or rabbits or eggs in the Bible story of the ressurection?
Bookmark and Share