"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, December 20, 2004

Shamelessly Plugging My Friends
Posted by Jill | 6:53 AM

No, I'm not shooting them. But this is the week when the Holiday Movie Season really starts in earnest, and after watching the stylish Chinese cop drama Infernal Affairs over the weekend and hoping to spend some time in a darkened movie theatre this week (If I can ever stop coughing), combined with FINALLY finding the mojo to write a movie review again, I'm tanned, rested, and ready, or as much as anyone can be when one has about a dozen theatrical releases, 14 screeners, and a bunch of stuff from Netflix that Must Be Watched before December 27.

With so much general crap going on in the world, a political junkie like myself needs movies more than ever. I'm sure I'm not alone. And so for those of you for whom "Oscar® Season" is the film geek equivalent of the NCAA championships, THE place to go to keep up with the Academy Awards races is Nathaniel R's The Film Experience. Nat is one of the fifteen nicest people on the planet, and if he's a tad obsessive, well, we can only thank him, for his Oscar® Diary of who and what's on the rise and what's waning is the best you'll find on the web.

Bookmark and Share