"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Tell me what is so threatening about this family
Posted by Jill | 2:59 PM
I received a year-end newsletter today from a gay friend who lives with her partner and their collective four children.

Excerpts:

"...during the early part of the year, we began searching for a home to buy. In February we signed the purchase agreement, though we couldn't move into the house till June. In May my mom came into town for Memorial Day weekend and we all spent the weekend with N's parents in [city deleted]. The visit was great and gave the two sides of our family a chance to get to know each other. We spent most of the spring preparing for our move, and the rest of the summer was filled with days of unpacking, organizing, and decorating the house. On the 4th, N. and I had a brief getaway to [place deleted]....The next week we travelled to [Red State name deleted] for a reunion with my family...our whole family stayed with my Aunt V. and Uncle E. and we appreciate them so much for opening up their home to us and giving us time to enjoy each other."

"Truly home is where the heart is, and of course our hearts are with our children and each other. But this year, N. and I learned a new meaning of the word 'home' when we bought our own house. We have experienced an abiding peace and contentment since the first night we tucked our kids into bed in the new house, knowing that we were doing so in the place in which we plan to stay until they are grown. We love the feeling of putting down roots in the community and investing in our future.....This house is a dream come true for our family."

"Throughout the year, my loving partner and our beautiful children have continually shown me who I am, who I want to be, and what I value most."


Can someone please tell me how this loving couple, who simply want to bring up their children in a stable home, put food on the table, put down roots in a community, pay their bills, and have a home full of love and laughter, are a threat to ANYONE's marriage?
Bookmark and Share