"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I am serene....I am serene....deep breaths now....
Posted by Jill | 6:27 AM

Good morning, philosopher kings and queens! [/Maron]

It's zero hour, the witching hour, the first day of the rest of our lives, the first day of what will either be a further march down the relentless road to fascism, or a sliver of breathing room in which we can begin to get our act together.

Nothing like a little pressure, eh?

ModFab went on RNC thuggery watch last night while I was in dreamland, gearing up for a long day of call-banking and driving elderly citizens to the polls. Orcinus has a thread with comments just for reporting incidents of RNC thuggery and vote suppression attempts. And of course, the Kosopotamians are on the case.

I'll be at Anne Wolfe's HQ most of the day. I don't want to clog up their internet connection, but I'll try to blog during the day if I can. Here in the 5th district of NJ, we're hoping to be able to celebrate the defeat of our dangerous wingnut freshman Congressman Scott Garrett this evening. This is a district which sent moderate Republican Marge Roukema to Washington for 25 years, and got so used to her that 50% of district residents don't even know that they're now being represented by Tom DeLay's bitch. Anne Wolfe is the kind of solid moderate that residents thought they were voting for last time, and we can only keep our fingers crossed.

Now get yer ass out there and VOTE! And be sure to bring ID, just in case.
Bookmark and Share