"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Flashback
Posted by Jill | 4:43 PM
From letter to his mother from Marine Cpl. Ronnie Wilson, 20, of Wichita, Kansas:

Mom, I had to kill a woman and a baby. . . . . . .I shot her and my rifle is automatic so before I knew it I had shot about six rounds. Four of them hit her and the others went into the cave and must have bounced off the rock wall and hit the baby. Mom, for the first time I felt really sick to my stomach. The baby was about two months old. I swear to God this place is worse than hell. Why must I kill women and kids? Who knows who's right? They think they are and we think we are. Both sides are losing men. I wish to God this was over.


So who is Marine Cpl. Ronnie Wilson? An anguished letter from a young soldier currently stationed in Iraq? No, Wilson wrote this letter from Vietnam, long around 1965. Corrente has the rest, from an article written by the late David Dellinger in Liberation Magazine back in 1966.
Bookmark and Share