"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Monday, October 25, 2004

Independent Media, my ass
Posted by Jill | 1:32 PM

According to the ever-vigilant Xan at Corrente, the report that's bumped the "We Lost 380 Tons of Explosives That Are Now In the Hands of Terrorists" story off the screaming headlines on the major news sites -- the hospitalization of Chief Justice William Rehnquist, is in fact old news. Rehnquist has been in the hospital since Friday.

And we're just hearing about it now, right when Bush needs a distraction and "Kerry forgot Bulgaria" ain't cutting it? YOU do the math.

(Just so you know I'm not a complete monster, my thoughts are with Rehnquist's family. I've seen someone die slowly from thyroid cancer, and it's not pretty and it's not easy. Check your neck, guys. And if you needed a further excuse to vote, and you weren't thinking about the Supreme Court, my family member was just over 12 months from initial diagnosis until the end, with the last four months being a straight downhill slide. Rehnquist may not be my favorite person, but I don't wish this on him. But if he follows a similar course, and it is not an infrequent course for thyroid cancer in older men, a re-elected George W. Bush WILL DEFINITELY choose at least one Supreme Court Justice. We already know that Clarence Thomas is Antonin Scalia's Mini-Me, and that Scalia is Bush's idea of a great justice. Think about having THREE of these troglodytes on the Court.)
Bookmark and Share