"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Thursday, October 28, 2004

Bush's one-finger victory salute
Posted by Jill | 9:10 AM

Salon has it, back from when Dim Son was governor of Texas, after he supposedly found Jesus and became a different man.

The clip shows him smoothing his hair for the camera, complaining about an off-camera aide believed to be Hughes. "She's still tellin' me what to do," he says, before he flashes his middle finger. As worried aides murmur about whether the camera's running, Bush dismisses his gesture as a "one-fingered victory salute."


Now I frankly don't give a rat's ass who gives the finger to whom; God knows I've given the same salute myself more then once. But then, I'm not the President, I don't have delusions of being God's anointed anything, and I don't pretend to be holier than everyone else.
Bookmark and Share