"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
-Oscar Wilde
Brilliant at Breakfast title banner "The liberal soul shall be made fat, and he that watereth, shall be watered also himself."
-- Proverbs 11:25
"...you have a choice: be a fighting liberal or sit quietly. I know what I am, what are you?" -- Steve Gilliard, 1964 - 2007

"For straight up monster-stomping goodness, nothing makes smoke shoot out my ears like Brilliant@Breakfast" -- Tata

"...the best bleacher bum since Pete Axthelm" -- Randy K.

"I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper (1954-2015), They Live
Sunday, November 28, 2010

New American Zen Cover

(Photoshopping courtesy of my sister Alicia Morgan of Last Left Turn B4 Hooterville.)

This is the visual I'm going with for the new cover of the American Zen Kindle edition (I wish it was a Les Paul Stratocaster, which is Mike's guitar, instead of a Gibson, but you take what you can get). I think it just about sums up the most important abstracts of the book. Alicia's looking for a better, more Zen-like font than the Presidential one I've been using. Then when she inserts the title into the .jpeg, I'll upload it. It'll make for a more professional-looking cover. After all, there are approximately 650,000 titles on Kindle alone, so one must make their work stand out in some way.

I also just reduced the price from $9.99 to $4.99 and sales are already picking up. So please give it a try. Once again, you can download a free 50 page sample to help you make up your mind as to whether or not to purchase it. I've also posted a review of it that's actually an expanded synopsis to further give you an idea of what it's about.
Bookmark and Share
3 Comments:
Blogger RLW said...
IS it an alternate universe book? Last I looked in this universe Leo Fender is the man who designed and built the Stratocaster, while Gibson were the folks who made the Les Paul designed of course by Les himself...

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Actually, the guy who designed the Stratocaster for Fender died 3 or 4 years ago. He moonlighted in a Country and Western band and apparently the Telecaster's sharp edges and weight get tiresome after a few hours of playing on stage. Ironically, the Strat was used by country musicicans and on Lawrence Welk until Jimi Hendrix made it famous for rock musicians; now, country guitarists won't touch a Strat with a ten-foot pole, or so I've heard!

Looking forward to reading your book!

Blogger jurassicpork said...
You're right. I meant to say Leo Fender.